Nelson King Recruitment, Richmond House, 62 Lammas Lane, Esher KT10 8PD, UK is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to Nelson King, will be processed by us in connection with our recruitment processes. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) the Data Controller is Rod Mountain.
Your Personal Information we collect from you
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a role. This includes information provided through an online job site, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- In particular, Nelson King processes personal details such as name, email address, address, qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills and experience that you provide to us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of all actions that you carry out through the use of our services.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the site that referred you to our website and the resources that you access.
Information we collect from other sources
Nelson King can link the data you provide to us with other publicly available information about you that you have published on the Internet – this may include sources such as LinkedIn and other social media profiles. This allows us to search various databases, which may include your personal data, to find possible candidates to fill our job openings. Where we find you in this way we will obtain your personal data from these sources.
Uses made of your Information
Lawful basis for processing
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the recruitment of staff for our Clients.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied.
• To consider your application in respect of other roles.
• To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process.
• To enhance any information that we receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers.
• To find appropriate candidates to fill our job openings.
How we store your Personal Data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those Nelson King staff processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a signed duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk.
Where we store your personal data
Where we store your personal data in our own systems, it is stored on our secure servers within the EEA.
The data that we collect from you and process may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Nelson King or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your orders, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
In particular, your data may be accessible to our staff in the USA and may be stored by our hosting service provider on servers in the USA as well as in the EU. All Nelson King staff in the USA are bound by the same staff confidentiality agreements as if they were employed in the UK.
If you would like further information please contact us (see ‘Contact’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom or EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
How long we keep your personal data
We will hold all the data for as long as we believe it can be used to help you.
Your personal information can be deleted on receipt of a written request by you.
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address.
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations.
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing.
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data.
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- contact us using our details below.
- let us have enough information to identify you.
- let us have proof of your identity and address, and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.